Saturday, February 7, 2009

I can now face the day on legal speed (The American way)


In the past when decaf was mentioned I would scoff at the idea. Why did it even exist? It made no sense to me. Now I realize that they had to make decaf because people like me got very addicted or they knew that people like me would get very addicted. I became addicted in every sense of the word. A craving turned into a "need" every day just to not feel tired. And after every cup I felt so good. Maybe caffeine effects me a little more than average, but it definitely feels like a drug to me. When I didn't get a cup for the day I would get a headache. The other day I got the worst headache of my life and it inspired this blog. It's just kinda screwed up. I don't condone or even like the idea of marijuana, but why is one drug illegal and the other not? It just really doesn't make sense. The inconsistency of our society is incredible. I can say that if coffee was illegal I probably would not have started drinking it, but what it really comes down to is our sinful nature and making choices. I knew what caffeine was capable of before I ever took a sip but I still fell into the addiction. Making things legal or illegal isn't the solution. Inward discernment, constant prayer, and taking every thought captive ought to be our daily guidance. Too bad that wouldn't go over well in today's society.

1 comment:

Jeffery said...

Awesome post!

but, how dare you copy Title style.

Followers